« Home | Just another manic Monday ... » | Steelers 34, Browns 23 » | Me be special » | My first time ... »

To sleep, perchance to dream

It's amazing how differently I sleep when I know I don't have to get up in the morning. If I have something going on in the morning or I have to be somewhere at a certain time if I'm napping I never sleep quite as well as I do when I can sleep as long as I want to. It's not that I ever do sleep longer ... I still get up around the same time ... but I sleep better. Crazy, I know, but there you are. Last night, as I was drifting off into slumberland, there were a number of things running through my head. 1) My hair still smelled like taco seasoning. We'd made tacos for dinner and that stuff is rank. Ugh. 2) My legs were 1/2 warm, 1/2 cold. Seriously. The bottom half of my legs, though covered by the exact same pajama pants as the top half, were freezing cold while I think the upper part of my legs were actually giving off their own heat. Weird. 3) I wonder what I'm having for lunch tomorrow? Yesterday I bought new running shoes. Nicest shoes I've owned in a long time. I went running on a bike path outside Meadowmont this morning. The downside to this particular path was that it runs alongside Highway 54. Now I don't know about you but the idea of having a car's sideview mirror slam into me going 45+ is very unappealing. As long as I stayed on the path I was fine ... but I came to a point where the path ended. Yeesh. I just turned around and went back the other way. It ended up being a short run - about 25 minutes - because, I couldn't believe it, my feet were getting sore. I have 2 possible explanations for this: 1) I am not used to nice shoes and my feet are going, "Where are our nice, broken in shoes?" or 2) I picked the wrong shoes. I hope it's (1) and not (2) because if it's (2) I'm out of luck. I've already worn them outside. Today is fall break, day 1. Outside it's roughly 70 and I've got my windows open and the fans going to get some fresh air in here. Granted, I'm going to be working the rest of this afternoon. But knowing that nothing needs to be completely done until Monday is a comforting thought.

Links