« Home | The newest Cooper » | The biggest shopping district this side of the Gre... » | I've exhausted his vocabulary - China part VI » | Intermezzo » | Duei le - China, part V » | Duei bu chi - China part IV » | JJ's thought of the day - China part III » | Bu yao - China part III » | JJ's thought of the day - China part II » | Xie xie - China, part II »

So we agree, we'll all blog about this tomorrow ...

Last night the boys' small group and the girls' small group put aside our respective studies and instead gathered for a VERY important occasion ... Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Hurricanes vs. Oilers, 3-3, winner take all. Burgers, hot dogs, salsa, goat cheese and peppers, watermelon, cole slaw, corn on the cob and drinks were all put aside by game time. All eyes were on the TV. I'm sort of a sideline hockey fan to be honest. Kind of like Sabrina and football. Football is my sport of choice. Hockey is Sabrina's. So earlier this year when the Steelers made the playoffs Sabrina and I made a deal: If she would cheer for the Steelers as they made their bid for the Super Bowl, then if the Hurricanes made the Stanley Cup playoffs, I would return the favor. Well, Sabrina and I? We did something right. First, the Steelers won their first Super Bowl title in over 25 years ... And then last night, after a nail-biting 3rd period, this happened ... That's right, the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. Cam Ward, rookie goalie, was named the game's MVP. I think next year, Sabrina and I might be making the same deal. As we left Steve said, "So we agree ... we'll all blog about this tomorrow." And we have. Here are the other Hurricane faithful bloggers. Josh's blog Sabrina's blog Steve's blog And for those of you keeping track I believe I may add hockey to my list of sports I like to watch. So that's Steelers football, UNC football, UGA football, UNC basketball/college basketball/March Madness, UNC baseball, Braves baseball, USA and Olympic swimming and now Carolina Hurricanes hockey. Hmmm ... I wonder if I could get into the World Cup? ;-)

Since you noted the Steeler's 25 year lull, it should be noted that this is this franchises (used to be Hartford Whalers) FIRST Stanley Cup, making it all that much more impressive that you and my wife are something special when it comes to fan-dom.

Yay! Go us! We rock.

Shoot me some good vibes! Rice is making a run in the College World Series!

-Amanda

Sure Amanda ... as long as they don't play UNC!

Post a Comment

Links