Beyond the profile
I've been thinking about JJ and me lately. And yesterday's blog pointed out some of our differences, and looking back, it was maybe a bit of a downer. Although the point of the blog was to say that I don't think we ever know until we know ... that profiles aren't always the most informative. But here are some things you might not have known about my husband, and about us. And if you find us boring, well you need to find something else to do other than read my blog! ;-)
JJ is the most patient person on the face of the planet. Most of us are not born with the gift of this kind of patience. What other kind of person will sit there patiently watching Sex and the City with me, just because I want him to?
JJ is also incredibly supportive. I think he really is one of those husbands whose number 1 priority is to make his wife happy. I know that others out there exist and I certainly know of others. But 99% of the time he is the most unselfish person I know.
JJ is handsome. I think so. And my opinion counts the most. So there.
JJ keeps my emotions in check. As in, he makes me feel them. Call it a role reversal. It's true.
And now some tidbits about our likes and dislikes:
We like the Food Network. Our favorite show is Good Eats. We also enjoy Iron Chef America. But we watch Good Eats religiously.
Our favorite shows (that we watch together - we watch stuff separately a lot too) are Scrubs, Good Eats, Ed (although that hasn't been on the air in forever) and American Idol.
We don't like our food over browned and crispy. I'm talking about the crunchy cheese on top of baked pasta dishes, or the crunchy on top of casseroles. I can handle crispy brown on french fries, tater tots, but I don't like crispy tops to lasagna or chicken. But we do love our Mexican food, Italian food, and Chinese food. Not so much fans of Indian food.
We love Steelers football. His favorite players are/were from the last season: Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Troy Polumalu. Mine are: Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, James Farrior. We also both like books about sports.
For fun, we play Boggle. JJ's getting really good. I now have to work much harder to beat him and we're also learning tons of new words.
We love anything by Sara Groves. ANYTHING.
We like dogs. He likes cats ... I'm allergic, so I like cats, but well, they are actually a hazard to my health. But I envision that in the future we will be getting a dog.
We like to read non-fiction. I largely read non-fiction. He almost exclusively so.
We like snow. Although I still don't think JJ has experienced a "real" winter yet - you know, the kind where the temperature is below freezing for 30 days in a row, and they have to cancel school because the wind chill is dangerous for kids waiting for the school bus. As in, windchill is -30.
Oh yeah, of course, the most important thing we have in common? We like each other. A LOT. You might even say we're soulmates.