« Home | So we agree, we'll all blog about this tomorrow ... » | The newest Cooper » | The biggest shopping district this side of the Gre... » | I've exhausted his vocabulary - China part VI » | Intermezzo » | Duei le - China, part V » | Duei bu chi - China part IV » | JJ's thought of the day - China part III » | Bu yao - China part III » | JJ's thought of the day - China part II »

Regularly scheduled programming

Now that the trip has been blogged, the dog is home, and the Stanley Cup has been won I feel like we can get back to our regularly scheduled life. JJ has been working the College World Series (in which UNC is kicking butt, by the way) and so he's been working late nights. I start teaching summer school tomorrow. Plus, July is always hectic what with JJ's birthday and our anniversary. It is, however, less hectic than last year. About now last year I was worried about fitting into the wedding dress, getting everyone from all over here to the Triangle, getting the final headcount, moving from my apartment to JJ's, and on and on. In contrast, our lives have reached a level of steady contentment. Sure we have ups and downs but as a general rule we're pretty happy and pretty busy. An average day now involves one of us getting up early to walk the dog (who is usually squirming with delight at seeing us .... or perhaps she just has to pee), getting ready for work and then playing with Roxy for awhile. She's the happiest dog on earth and we're so lucky to have gotten her. I'm glad we're back to our regular life ... I'm not big on things that are too new or too exciting. I enjoy the normal routineness of life. Of course, that doesn't mean life doesn't come without its occasional pleasant surprises. On Monday my friend Jon from college called. "What are you doing tonight?" he asked. "Whyyyyyy?" "Guess where I am!" After many chaotic phone calls, I got to hang out with Jon Mesh yesterday! I haven't seen him since I graduated from college and it was nice to catch up. He had to fly out yesterday at 5 so I only got an hour but it was better than nothing! Tomorrow I start teaching a summer session at UNC ... it's going to be probably the most whirlwind 3 1/2 weeks I've had in quite some time. Last night we babysat for Dylan while his mom got a much deserved break to have her hair cut. We played Frisbee, watched a movie, and played with Roxy. We now know, Roxy is great with children. Woohoo! I really do think we might have a near-perfect doggie, who is currently sleeping on the floor and wagging her tail in her sleep. I wonder what dogs dream about? I'm happy to report, we have returned, here in Durham, to our regularly scheduled life. And we love it.

Links