« Home | Blast from the past » | It wasn't going to be pretty » | For now I have nothing else to post ... I'm sure I... » | Sugar and spice and all things nice » | Not that it wasn't true » | Put 'em in the dirt » | As time goes by » | Kids say the darnedest things, part II » | Kids say the darnedest things » | 6 months and then some »

Well the last couple of days have been a bit of a whirlwind. Wednesday morning I went to class, only to find that the professor didn't show up. There were only maybe 12 or 13 of the 30+ there and we actually had class. I left early, though, with the excuse of "I still have to finish packing for my trip home." Which was quite true. Wednesday afternoon around 3 Scott came over to JJ's where we were waiting. We got in Scott's pimp-mobile and headed off for RDU. I-40 was so backed up that it had taken me half an hour to get to JJ's when I headed over and the drive is usually no longer than 10-15 minutes. So we told Scott's handy-dandy navigation system to "minimize freeways" and the car got us to the airport in a highly reasonable period of time (about half an hour) by taking us straight through downtown Durham. I had no idea where we were, but hey, it worked. JJ and I got in line for electronic check-in and were told to "Call Delta Direct" because there was a problem with our flight. Turns out that our flight from RDU to Cincinnati was delayed almost 2 hours (1 hour 40 minutes) and as a result we would miss our connecting flight. After going through all the possible permutations the best thing we could come up with was to fly out the next day at 1:25 through Atlanta, getting to Wichita around 5:30. JJ called Scott. JJ: Dude, come pick us up. Scott: You're kidding. JJ: No. Really. Come pick us up. We waited around outside for Scott and suddenly I saw ... coming over the horizon (or pulling up in a Saab) ... Dan Arneman! He got dropped off for his flight and then we discovered that his flight was delayed, too. Dan hopped a ride with us back to Chapel Hill, the 4 of us (Dan, Scott, JJ and I) had dinner at Moe's and then all went back to our respective homes having to put off Thanksgiving for one more day. Thursday travel wasn't bad at all. I'm not the biggest fan of flying but this time it wasn't so bad. We got to Wichita last night without incident. Mom had made an enormous meal. We all ate way too much. And it was good. I was teasing Bryant about how now that JJ's around he can have an older guy teach him how to pick up chicks. Bryant looked at me, looked at JJ, looked back at me and said: Dude, I don't want to learn how to pick up chicks like YOU. Sadly, the kid has a point. Other details forthcoming. Oh, and Scott's our hero. Well, him and his pimp-mobile. But mostly Scott.

Links