Kids say the darnedest things
I teach a class of college juniors and seniors every Tuesday and Thursday. We recently did a study on the possibility of "fear modules." This is to say that it is possible that humans developed a "fear module" that allows us to process threatening stimuli, such as snakes, more quickly than we process non-threatening stimuli, such as flowers (Ohman, Flykt & Mineka 2001). The idea being that if the stimuli is threatening we recognize it more quickly ... and get out of the way. Well, I kid you not, I got the following explanation for the fear module in a paper: ... humans may have developed a fear module in order to avoid being eaten by predators or enemies such as dinosaurs. I have only one response to that ... not including the stifled laughter: Run, Forrest, run! Hee hee hee. New favorite band: By The Tree. Click on the link. Go listen to them. Now. They're going to be in Greensboro on Friday, Dec. 3. Concert anyone? It's going to be good.