« Home | Summer breeze » | The whole proud family of the grad  » | Proud family of the grad ...   » | Silly brother and sister at graduation  » | Genna Ray Cooper  » | ... Genna's counterpart ... Longlong Dylan Liu  » | Which one of these is not like the other » | Pomp and circumstance » | Mad Hatter » | TGI Weekend »

A la cuisine!

Lately I've been very into the food network. For those of you who have never experienced the food network it's around the clock TV all about recipes and how to make certain dishes and all of them are really yummy. My personal favorites on food network are Everyday Italian, Good Eats, on occasion 30-minute meals (although Rachael Ray's voice is obnoxious) and Iron Chef (more about that later). But as a result of food network I have become much more adventurous in my cooking. Case in point tonight we're having lasagna classico which I learned from Everyday Italian. Layers of ground meat, ricotta cheese, spinach, pasta and grated mozzarella and parmesan. Yum. Hopefully. We haven't tried it yet. Next week I'm going to try and make a spinach, mushroom and ricotta ravioli. Plus, I already have a lovely bruschetta recipe thanks to my future mother-in-law so it's a perfect accompaniment to all of our Italian adventures. I have also discovered that I'm bad a desserts. I don't do well with the dainty, creamy, berry-ness that is desserts. But I'm great at entrees and main dishes - hearty things like lasagna, pasta dishes, rice dishes, and on occasion, meat dishes can be done with reasonable ability. So onward and upward - to Foodland we go!

Between the two of us, we can making a lovely meal. You bring the Italian, I'll bring the Creme Brulee!

Post a Comment

Links