TGI Weekend
It's the end of another weekend and whew, it was busy. It's been awhile since we had a busy, but fairly social and multi-event weekend. Friday during the day we find that Heidi is babysitting for the Kelley kids while they're out for their anniversary so we go over and keep her company. The three of us watched Sideways, which, by the way, is an excellent movie. I highly recommend it. Paul Giamatti is brilliant. Anyway, Benji has a lovely big screen, HDtv so we watched Sideways on his widescreen. Whee! Halfway through Benji and Amy Lynn came home and Amy watched the rest of the movie with us. Yesterday JJ took me out for dinner and crossed one of the items off of my "10 things I don't have time to do" list - we had really good Chinese food at a restaurant near JJ's apartment called Eastern Lights. Yum. Kung Pao chicken for JJ and beef and broccoli for me. Jasmine rice. Potstickers. Yum Yum. Jamie called around 8 and asked if we wanted to hang out and so around 9:30 she and Rob came over to JJ's apartment and we watched episodes of Greg the Bunny and then Iron Chef America, plus part of the clam episode of the original Iron Chef. It was a very fun, giggly sort of evening. Tonight we went out to dinner with Michele and Dylan. Dylan is the cutest kid EVER. In case you disagree, click here, and you'll see that I'm right. We went to the new Carolina Ale House, which I bet you anything is going to kill off Varsity Ale House before too long. It was fun and Michele and Dylan are a couple of our favorite people so it was a good end to a good weekend. During the day today we went house shopping. We looked at a variety of townhouses and while we didn't find any that we were totally in love with, it was definitely a good start. Tomorrow I'm meeting Sabrina for lunch at the lovely Mad Hatter's when I will also be putting down a deposit on our wedding cake. Maybe I will splurge and buy a piece of one of their lovely deserts, like one of their slices of blueberry cream cheese cake or strawberry shortcake. Yum.
Oooo Thanks for reminding me! Mmmmm caaaaake!
Posted by
Sabrina |
5/16/2005 07:11:00 AM