The list
Wow ... so Sarah and Jessica have done this 101 in 1001 thing. To complete 101 items to improve themselves, goals they have, and just some fun stuff in 1001 days. That's some serious stuff. And I'm totally jumping on that bandwagon. Except I don't think that I can even think of 101 things. 1001 days is February 27, 2008. The rules are (and I don't know if Sarah made these rules up but they're still the rules!) they have to be specific and realistically attainable goal. And let me just say this - 101 items are hard to come up with! 1. Get married 2. Decorate a house or apartment (this is obviously dependent on whether we buy a house or rent an apartment - hopefully if we rent I can still decorate) 3. Run a half marathon 4. Do an open water swim 5. Compete in a short triathlon - of the 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 5 K run type 6. Iron creases in a pair of pants (this may seem ridiculous but I am a terrible iron-er) 7. Make a cheesecake from scratch 8. Lead or launch a newhope book club at my church 9. Get down to my ideal weight of 135 - and STAY THERE 10. Take a bath in a jacuzzi tub - with bubbles 11. Grow or buy fresh herbs and infuse my own oil for flavoring or cooking. 12. Learn how to grill (JJ's a whiz on the grill - I figure I have a built in teacher for this one) 13. Go skiing 14. Go to the beach during the off-season (meaning not July or August and not during a major beach holiday like Labor Day or Memorial day) and run in the surf barefoot 15. Take a walk by moonlight 16. Have a picnic at Duke Gardens 17. Finish my master's 18. Start and/or finish my dissertation 19. Make bread from scratch 20. Floss every day for a month 21. Spend 3 days straight without eating any bread or pasta (this is going to be miserable I know already) 22. Spend Christmas with Genna and Walker 23. Walk at least 2 miles a day, 3 times a week for 60 days 24. Teach JJ to rollerblade 25. Keep a journal, at least twice a week, for 60 days 26. Read the entire Bible 27. Check out books from the library every month - and read them 28. Eat at least 3 servings of fruit a day for 30 days 29. Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day for 30 days 30. Try pilates, regularly (meaning once a week or more over a period of 30 days or longer) 31. Try yoga regularly (see same stipulation as above) 32. Go to a Steelers game at Heinz Field 33. Play the violin with an orchestra again (events such as an East High orchestra reunion for the Messiah concert count) 34. Learn how to dice vegetables without being afraid I'm going to cut my fingers off 35. Visit Sabrina's house ... and not worry that my throat is going to close up 36. Meet Florence - JJ's grandmother (who just turned 89) 37. Swim in a Master's swim meet - and have at least one of the events be butterfly 38. Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes 39. Get my own Tivo 40. Learn how to make an omelette 41. Visit the North Carolina mountains 42. Go hiking in the North Carolina mountains 43. Visit a winery and do a wine tasting 44. Make a toast with champagne 45. Get an iPod and an iTrip 46. Own a set of silk or satin pajamas 47. Buy lingerie because it looks good - and only because it looks good 48. Visit Central Park in New York -- take my rollerblades -- and skate in Central Park 49. Buy a set of dumbbells and lift weights at home at least 3 times a week for 60 days. 50. Take a photo, and have it be artistic enough that I can hang it up on my wall and it doesn't embarrass me 51. Buy a lottery ticket and actually wonder if I'm going to win 52. Go to one of Genna's dance or gymnastics performances/competitions 53. Go to one of Walker's soccer, baseball, football whatever he ends up doing games 54. Hear Sean preach 55. Get both a manicure and pedicure (I have now had a pedicure but not both!) 56. Go to a shooting range and fire a gun 57. Learn how to throw and catch a football 58. Find (and keep) a spiritual mentor 59. Keep a prayer journal, every day for at least 30 days 60. Make pasta from scratch 61. Repair my bike (it needs a new chain) and ride it twice a week for a month 62. Write an article or short story. Submit it for publication somewhere. 63. Help build a Habitat for Humanity house, or at another housing project 64. Help out at a soup kitchen 65. Have a dinner party where I decorate, cook, plate, and serve - and it's a great success. 66. Cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner by myself 67. Read C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce 68. Read Beloved by Toni Morrison 69. Write a short story, poem or song in the name of Christ 70. Add at least 3 new artists to my repetoire of enjoyable music (so far I've added already John Mayer and Aimee Mann -- so these don't count in my 3 -- any more suggestions?) 71. Go see Rascal Flatts in a concert 72. Make JJ a cherry pie - and have him enjoy it! 73. Read the newspaper (or online version of it) every day for a week 74. Give $1000 (over the next 1001 days) to newhope's capital campaign 75. Try something suggested in the Kama Sutra (AFTER I get married of course!) 76. Learn to play golf 77. Go camping with JJ 78. Save up enough money to buy matching end tables and a coffee table 79. Grow fresh herbs 80. Learn to make amaretto sours and lime margaritas - and actually drink them 81. Try Guinness 82. Start bottle of vitamins and finish it without missing a day. 83. Visit Charleston, SC 84. Learn how to make spinach artichoke dip 85. Swim the mile in an official meet 86. Go bass fishing 87. Take Genna and Walker camping ... in a backyard 88. Tailgate before a major football game 89. Get a wine rack. Fill it with wines from at least 5 different states. 90. Watch every episode of Iron Chef (Japanese - not American) 91. Read my Bible every day for 30 days 92. Learn calligraphy and write out a favorite verse or poem. Frame it. Hang it on the wall. This means my calligraphy has to be presentable. 93. Read biographies of 2-3 famous painters - Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Frida Kahlo. 94. Learn HTML. Create a homepage. 95. Register a URL. Publish my homepage. 96. Get skinny enough to buy a bikini. Wear it. In public. 97. Read Blue Like Jazz 98. Take a cooking class 99. Go to the Smithsonian. 100. Get a house plant. Don't kill it. 101. Enjoy my wedding. So there you are. Stay tuned for the 101 in 1001 updates.
7. I've got a great recipe.
10. Go easy on the bubbles.
21. Thats the most nutty goal of them all. (She says as she bites into her morning bagel).
30. I'd like to do that too.
35. Yay!!!!
48. Really, if you're going to NY, you should do more than just Central Park. I'll gladly be your tour guide.
60. I'd love to taste test.
65. Am I invited?
70. Michael Buble, Jem and The Get Up Kids.
94. Try www.w3schools.com Good tutorials.
98. Need a partner?
100. I recommend a cyclamen. Because the one you gave me almost a year ago is still alive and well! My longest surviving plant to date!
101. I'll do my best to help with that!
Posted by
Sabrina |
6/03/2005 07:48:00 AM
7. Awesome, lemme try it!
10. So I've heard
21. I'm not really looking forward to it.
30. We need to find a gym then, don't we?
35. Well we'll see how it goes.
48. When the time comes I'll be sure to ask
60. I'm thinking ravioli
65. Of course
70. Already tried The Get Up Kids - am a fan but not a diehard fan. I'll look up those other guys.
94. Good idea. I have a book, too.
98. Of course. We should get on that - maybe after the whole wedding thing.
100. Good idea. JJ also suggested: Cactus
101. You already have - so glad you agreed to be my MOH!
Posted by
Mrs. Cooper |
6/03/2005 10:10:00 AM