Quentin Thomas has a posse
Last night Andrew Bogut of Utah went first in the NBA draft. Marvin Williams of UNC went second. Raymond Felton and Sean May went 4th and 13th respectively to Charlotte. Rashad McCants went 14th to Minnesota. With the exceptions of Jackie Manuel and Jawad Williams there goes the UNC starting lineup from our 2005 national championship season. Looks like Raymond and Sean are going to be teammates again. I hope that ends up being an asset to both of them. I wonder whatever happened to Jackie Manuel and Jawad Williams anyway? The last I heard Jackie is getting married (he apparently proposed using a talking build-a-bear) and I have no idea what plans Jawad Williams has. It's funny, I'm not a hardcore enough Heels fan to sit out at 7 am on Saturday morning waiting to see if I get tickets - I value sleep too much for that. But I will watch every single game on TV (and this coming season, Tivo them all, although I'd imagine it won't be as much fun to be a fan this year) and follow them religiously throughout the season. But I'm a young fan ... I didn't watch these guys till 2 years ago ... when they started getting good. So I guess this is the real test .... am I a member of the Quentin Thomas posse? Or am I just a bandwagon fan?
I should have put on my "I am stereotypically a chick" list that I really don't care much about sports... especially when they're "just picking teams" (bad memories).
Posted by
Steve (Oz) |
6/29/2005 02:13:00 PM
I think this season will be even more fun to be a fan! Last season the average margin of victory at home was near 30 points. BORING! At least this year every win will be hard fought...there's something great about cheering for the underdog.
Posted by
jdhall |
6/29/2005 04:49:00 PM