« Home | Dancing queen » | If a picture paints a thousand words » | And the winner is .... » | Happy (almost) birthday to me » | Bus pass » | Fresh eyes » | It's (not) just a game » | It's no small thing » | You are my destiny » | Do not worry about tomorrow »

Say Cheese!

It is now 6 days to Sunday. For the rest of this week I will be posting my favorite Steeler moments from the season leading up to the Super Bowl. See the end of this post for today's picture ... This weekend I/we: Hosted our Iron Chef party. The dishes entered were all very tasty and all very impressive. The secret ingredient was cheese. The dishes were: Rob: Fried macaroni and cheese balls. Macaroni and cheese patted into balls, rolled in Panko, and deep fried. Jamie: Prosciutto and cheese puff pastry. Little muffin sized puff pastry filled with cheese and prosciutto that oozed when you bit into it. Michele: Italian fondue. Fontina cheese with pancetta with focaccia, broccoli and salami for dipping. Christy: Tri-cheese Mediterranean dip. Cheese blended with garlic and topped with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and olive tapenade. Sabrina: White chocolate fruit pizza. A giant chocolate chip cookie topped with white chocolate and cream cheese filling, topped with fresh strawberries and mandarin oranges, drizzled with chocolate Dawn: Cheese crows. Puff pastry lined with brown sugar and nuts, filled with cream cheese filling and topped with fresh berries. Heidi : Chocolate turtle cheesecake. Chocolate cheese cake layered with a graham cracker crust and caramel with pecans on top. Don't you wish you were here to eat all this stuff? I wasn't smart enough to take pictures of all the dishes. That was not smart of me at all. But it was SO good. Sunday JJ ran the church service and I took the WAM team bagels for breakfast. Benji burned incense during the service and it made me woozy. I did hopetown for the 3rd service and then promptly came home and crashed for the day, being stricken with a miserable cold, origin unknown. Dang cold. JJ got me some soup and orange juice and I just laid out for the rest of the day. I'm still doing that ... I hope it's not bronchitis, but I think it might be. Today's Steeler Moment of the Season ... Willie Parker's first start as a pro against the Tennessee Titans. He broke for a 10 yard touchdown run in the first half and his final stats were 22 carries for 161 yards and a touchdown. Here he gained the nickname "Fast Willie."

Links