« Home | Beyond the profile » | SCF seeks SWM » | I've got my eye on you » | A culinary interlude ... and other tidbits » | Pomp and Circumstance 2006 » | So what do you do when you have to, you know ... » | Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small » | It has the urgency of a 4 alarm fire » | Where I Come From » | But who says I can't look? »

Drop one pearl for me

As you go about your weekend activites today and tomorrow keep the Rintelmans in your prayers. Katie, who was scheduled to graduate this weekend from Washington University's School of Architecture, was at the Dad Vail regatta with the Washington University crew when she got the news: Just outside of Cedarburg, WI, Katie's hometown, her younger brother, Brian, her father Don, and her mom Ann, along with Brian's best friend T.J. were in a car accident. A 22-year-old driving an SUV rear-ended the Rintelmans' vehicle, forcing them into oncoming traffic where they were hit by an oncoming semi. Brian and T.J. were pronounced dead at the scene. Don died in the medical evacuation helicopter en route to the hospital. Ann sustained head injuries and has recently been upgraded to fair condition. Katie flew home to be with her mom. The memorial for T.J. was on Thursday. They are waiting to plan the funeral and memorial services for Brian and Don Rintelman until Katie's mom is doing better. Katie graduated this weekend from Washington University's School of Architecture. She wasn't present for the ceremonies. She flew home to be with her mom. As you go about your activities this weekend, drop a prayer for the Rintelmans. ** I swam with Katie my senior year in college. She was a freshman. She is one of the most loving, faithful, cheerful people I know. We might all say that God's got our back, but Katie, Katie KNEW that God was with her. I've lost close touch with Katie but she tried to come to our wedding last year and couldn't because of a family trip, and I had recently talked to her about how excited she was to graduate this year. This news made me sick to the very core of my being ... Katie doesn't deserve this, none of the Rintelmans do. No one does. Say a prayer for the Rintelmans this weekend, but especially for Katie.

God how horrible. She's in our hearts and minds today.

Post a Comment

Links