Raindrops keep falling on my head
My morning was perfectly normal. I got up, showered, made my lunch, got my stuff, went to the bus stop, got on the bus, got off the bus. I went and got my bagel with butter from Breugger's (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong). I digress for a moment ... back in high school there was a place called "New York Bagel" where we juniors and seniors would go and get breakfast in the mornings or go and get our lunches. We frequented the joint so much that when we all returned for our first visits home from college, we went there for lunch, and the meal was free. I miss NYB BUT, it appears as though I might have found my own bagel joint here. For a dollar and change I can get my bagel with butter, hot and toasted, every morning. Score. So I go and get my bagel. I walk back down Franklin and cross the street. As I cross I notice this older man in a suit sweeping out his storefront ... just cleaning out the leaves. He waves to someone passing on the street. Charming. And then I turn and head towards my department. *KLUNK* Um. Ow. My first thought was "Someone threw something at me!" so I turn, and I watch one of these big, pointy, spiky, hard things bounce onto the ground. A big, point, spiky, hard thing had fallen from a tree and nailed me on the head hard enough to make me see stars for a second. And now the right side of my head hurts. Owie. *whimper* This can only be topped by the time a bird pooped on me. Seriously. At least that one didn't hurt.