Bummer, dude
Well that's over. Kerry called and conceded the election to George W. Bush at 11:46 am EST this morning. Couple of things: It was a lot less dramatic than I thought it was going to be. I really thought it was going to be this whole affair that would last for several days. It was cleaner than I thought it was going to be. I will say this: I don't know what's going to happen over the next 4 years. I am pretty moderate, with slightly liberal leanings, in most of my political views so I went back and forth between the two major candidates until roughly the moment I voted. There are things about our returning president I don't like. On the other hand, there were things about the challenger I didn't like either. Ask me in 4 years what I think about this election. I might have an answer then. In other news, one of my top 3 favorite places to eat in the Chapel Hill/Durham area is gone. Closed for good! Waaaah! Big Bowl appeared to have never recovered from its hepatitis scare back in August and as a result has closed its doors permanently. I discovered this highly unpleasant fact on Monday night when JJ and I were going to have dinner at Big Bowl ... and couldn't. That leaves me with Macaroni Grill and Moe's. I gotta find me a new number 3.