« Home | The stuff of legends » | Raindrops keep falling on my head » | The game » | Welcome to Hollywood » | Know me? » | I feel loved » | I got your back » | I love fall. Except that in the fall I'm much mor... » | There were no words » | Steelers 24, Cowboys 20 »

Desperate times, desperate measures?

I am learning that in teaching, especially college students, I'm going to have to cut my losses and just be the hardass teacher. This suspicion of mine was affirmed today by the coordinating professor of my class. I was having some difficulty trying to work the kinks out of some student projects to make them usable, while still salvaging their original aspirations, and try as I might, I couldn't do it. Among other things, I got this in response when I emailed the prof: I wouldn't show them too much sympathy if they're way behind. *talks about some adjustments to make* ... that's not going to give them a great grade, but that's their problem. Ow. Got your point already. I hope my students don't shoot the messenger.

Links