It's beginning to look a lot like ...
Every year I like Christmas less. Leave it to corporate America to absolutely deface what Christmas actually is. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy the presents, I enjoy the spirit, I enjoy the fact that around this time of year people seem to get a little less selfish. However, I hate the overdone, redone Christmas carols that blare from the speakers in the department stores and radios. I listen to country music radio a lot but if I hear another rendition of Christmas in Dixie heads will fly. Trust Sabrina to come up with the idea to post gifts online, though. Smart one, that Sabrina girl. I'll hop on that bandwagon. So here they are ... along with my own personal editorials. The unrealistic presents: iPod with iTrip desktop computer so I can leave a computer at the office my own Tivo (Hey, I said it was unrealistic, okay?) The useful but still way to expensive one: the North Face fleece jacket from REI Trinkets and odds and ends, aka "Things I don't really need at all": Silver bangle bracelet with initials (Yes, I understand the potential of my initials changing at some point ... pick whichever I guess) Super Mario Sunshine for GameCube Madden NFL 2005 Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Sex and the City DVD sets -- anything from season 3 on Duce Staley Steelers jersey Soft cover NIV study Bible Anything by C.S. Lewis (although I already own The Four Loves and Screwtape) the "Classic shirt" from Express in any color but pink, orange or yellow the "Essential trouser" from Old Navy in charcoal Curious George pajama pants from Target (it says it's a set but I'm pretty sure you can just get the pants ...) dumbbells in 5, 10, and 15 lb. increments Contents subject to change. I'm just kidding. But I know of at least 2 or 3 people that have sort of been asking or curious so here are at least some hints. Hope this is helpful.
Hmmm now i do know what you mean about the commercialization of Christmas... However... I do find it interesting that in spite of your opening remarks... you conclude your blog with a wish list of items worth several hundred dollars....
I'm just sayin....
:)
Colette
Posted by
Anonymous |
11/30/2004 06:40:00 PM
Sabrina did it first
Posted by
Mrs. Cooper |
12/01/2004 08:04:00 AM
Are you blaming me for your contradictions? I dont contradict myself... everyone knows how materialistic I can be! I mean, uh, gift getting is my love language... yeah...thats it.
Posted by
Sabrina |
12/01/2004 10:05:00 AM
I'm just saying you came up with the idea first. If I were as smart as you, I would have done it already. And I take full blame for my contradictions. Especially if it means I get good presents ;-)
Posted by
Mrs. Cooper |
12/01/2004 12:06:00 PM