Welcome to the family
Christmas has come and gone. JJ and I went to Perry for Christmas and on the way we got stuck in a traffic jam just north of Charlotte. It took 2 HOURS to go roughly ... 10 miles. After that the rest of the trip was a breeze. Christmas Eve we slept in late, had lunch, hung out at the house, and went to Perry United Methodist for a communion service where I was introduced to more Perry-ians only this time as JJ's fiance. I sort of enjoyed that. Christmas Eve during the day JJ and I exchanged 1 gift each ... I'm hoping that's something we can keep doing where no matter what we do with other people, family, friends on Christmas day that on Christmas Eve we can just do gifts with each other. That would be cool. Christmas morning we were laying on the couch and just sort of lounging when the phone rang. We figured it was Sean telling us they were on the way but they were 10 minutes from arriving. No one was showered and/or dressed. 3 of us - JJ, Terry and I - had 10 minutes. They have 3 bathrooms. All three were in use. And about 10 minutes later Sean, Paula, Genna, Walker and their new puppy Georgia showed up. We opened presents. HUGE PILES of presents. Walker actually got enough presents that he got tired of opening them and just wanted to play with the ones he had already opened. Christmas night we went to the Borahs for The Supper. Every year Frank and Gayle Borah have the clan over for dinner and it's this big, traditional supper and it's quite fun. And this time I actually knew people so it was a lot more fun for me. Plus, Walker and me are pals now ... so if I got tired of the grown-ups I could hang out with the coolest little 2-year-0ld around. Sunday we met up with Sean and Paula at a bar in Macon to watch the Steelers. Steelers 20, Ravens 7. Carraba's Sunday night. We left Monday morning. It wasn't as though I was nervous ... I wasn't ... but I was travel weary heading down there and it didn't make me more travel weary. So that was nice. I guess I'm on my way to being a Cooper. On July 9, 2005 I will become one when I marry my soulmate. It's good to be home.
July 9??? What happened to August!? Now I gotta go and change my planner...good thing I don't actually have a planner! ;)
Posted by
jdhall |
12/30/2004 12:09:00 AM