« Home | From Sarah » | The Ring » | Dear Santa ... » | To the very tips of my fingers » | It's been a long time, I know. Almost a week, I t... » | I am ME! » | It's beginning to look a lot like ... » | The best is yet to come » | True Blue » | Well the last couple of days have been a bit of a ... »

Not your ordinary girl?

Well it's been nearly a week since I've been engaged ... betrothed ... affianced as it were. JJ was gone for most of it and I have to admit it was odd for me to field the questions that I got totally on my own for 3 days. For one, I'm not a big fan of being the center of questions anyway and for two ... this was really the type of story that would have been more fun to tell with him. Oh well. But the questions! It's as though once we got engaged we're supposed to know when the wedding's going to be and how we want it to happen and everything. Oy, people. Pretty much the only thing right now that is absolutely certain is that we want to get married at newhope and we want Benji to officiate the ceremony. Other than that, details are sketchy. Plus, I haven't the slightest clue about what I want the wedding to look like other than I plan to wear white (duh) and at some point there's going to be flowers and music. See? I told you the details are sketchy. I guess I should mention here that I didn't dream about a wedding from the time I was 5 or even from the time I started dating ... I didn't really consider the idea of a wedding until about .... July of this past summer. By then I knew JJ was the one and well, it seemed a little more reasonable to actually think about the possibility of one. But again, the details are sketchy. To the outside eye, some of the people who asked me questions seemed more excited than I am. I don't think that's true. I am very excited. But to be totally honest, the wedding itself doesn't excite me all THAT much. Yes it will be beautiful and enchanting and amazing (I hope) but it is not the prospect of the wedding that I find exciting, it's the prospect of marrying JJ that I find exciting. It's not the wedding day itself that I find thrilling, it's what comes after the wedding that thrills me to my very fingertips. What am I talking about? I'm taking about coming home from the office, and JJ's there. Or waking up in the morning and JJ's there. Or going to church every Sunday with JJ, not just meeting him there. It is the prospect of being with him everyday. So yes, I am excited. Just not for the wedding itself ... but for the marriage that comes after. Maybe that makes me weird. I think it might. But you know what? I'm okay with that. The wedding day, even though it's supposed to be a great day, is only a day. The rest of it lasts so much longer. **disclaimer: Expect some entries between now and the new year to be quite gush-y and cheese-y ... this is my outlet for excitement :-)**

Links