My brother the genius
Tonight, after my brother got home and my family had eaten dinner, Bryant and I headed off to Best Buy. We needed to buy a power strip for some stuff we were plugging in (okay, that was a dumb way of expressing that), a wireless card for his computer so he could have wi-fi in the house, and we were also in search of Christmas presents from me to him and vice versa. Well, we got what we were looking for. I got Bryant the latest Half-life game, he got me a thumbdrive. While we were in line (a REALLY LONG line that was moving amazingly fast) I wandered off to look at major appliances. I don't know when I reached the stage in life when I needed/wanted to look at major appliances but there I went. I saw a refrigerator by LG that had a built-in LCD TV on its front. The TV has remote and is cable ready. OK so ... forgive me for being somewhat aghast but ... seriously ... how unnecessary is a TV on your refrigerator door??? I made some comment about this to my brother saying how I shouldn't even be looking at refrigerators considering that of the major appliances this was one of the ones I would not be needing in the immediate future. Bryant then pointed out ... why buy a refrigerator at all? His theory? Go and hang out near college campuses at the end of the semester/year. At that point, everyone is throwing stuff out and if JJ and I can scrounge oh, 5 or 6 of the little refrigerators and then stack them ... we wouldn't need to buy a refrigerator at all. He had a point. One that I will not using. But it would actually work. I'm exhausted. Will post about the Steelers' win tomorrow.