« Home | How much is that doggie in the window ... again » | Old dogs, new tricks » | The week » | The things you find » | Not again » | Rumbly in my tumbly » | Christmas list update » | It doesn't look like Christmas at all ... » | Insert part A into part C ... hold until bleeding » | Breathe in, breathe out »

Waiting waiting

We put in an application for Ellie the Australian Shepherd yesterday. I got an email back last night saying that her foster mom was out of town until Friday so we wouldn't be able to get in touch with her until then. I think we're actually seriously considering getting that dog. I had a little dog when I was a kid and as much as I loved the little bugger, as an adult I'm not sure I want a dog of the lap variety. Plus, little dogs have a tendency to be um ... poofy. And not just poofy but um ... yippy. They have this huge need, it seems to prove that although their bodies are small they can still be REALLY LOUD. We just put in an application for Molly the miniature schnauzer today. No, we're not getting 2 dogs. But we're likely getting one and Molly is a lot smaller - 25 pounds instead of Ellie's 45-50 - and probably going to be better suited to apartment living or life-without-a-yard living than Ellie will. As JJ put it, little dogs are more fun around the house, big dogs are more fun outside. Anyway, this doesn't mean we're getting one right now. But I sure do want one. We've run into our first snag which is that I'm just going to have to get used to boarding the dog when we travel. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't planning on taking her to a business conference or anything but things like family functions or visits I was kinda hoping that the 4 legged critter could come along. Turns out, though, that my in-laws, after years of having had a cat aren't so much pet people anymore, so the doggie wouldn't be welcome. That being the case, the potentially newest member of our tiny family would have to be packed off to a doggie hotel for our trips. Absence makes the heart grow fonder they say. That and I don't want the dog to pee on my in-laws' carpet either.

Maybe you could wait and get one after the first of the year. That is my plan, at least right now.

My sister got a miniature schnauzer when she moved up to NY. It's a good doggie. But I still think big dogs are better!

Brad & Cindy board their dog and they really like the place... you should ask them... I hear they have coupons.

Well waiting until after the first of the year doesn't help anything. It's not like after the first of the year we're not ever going to visit people that don't want dogs in their houses. Fogle, we actually got the Schnauzer idea from the pictures of Devyn with the dog, and Sabrina, thanks for the tip, we'll be sure to check it out come time.

Waiting means at least you aren't getting the dog on Dec. 1 and boarding it two weeks later, right after you got it. You're right it doesn't mean you'll never go anywhere but since the holiday season is the busiest travel season for most people it does make sense to wait until that traveling is done.

My computer's name is Ellie.

Post a Comment

Links