« Home | Rumbly in my tumbly » | Christmas list update » | It doesn't look like Christmas at all ... » | Insert part A into part C ... hold until bleeding » | Breathe in, breathe out » | 'Cause that's my fun day » | Finding peace » | Dress me up and take me out » | As time goes by » | How do you measure, measure a year? »

Not again

I'm Christian - I believe in divine creation. But do I think it should be taught in public schools? Not ... necessarily. I think kids need to be exposed to all outlooks on where life came from so that they can make an intelligent decision about what they do and do not choose to believe. It's not the school board's job to decide whether evolution is right or wrong and whether to teach it in the classroom. Don't get me wrong - if a parent enrolls a child in a Christian private school then that parent should definitely expect their child to be taught that God created the universe. In fact, it would be almost embarrassing if a school that claimed to operate on Christian principles and ideals DIDN'T teach that at some point during a science class. But in public schools, thanks to the separation of church and state, that's not the case and I don't think it should be. But apparently the board of education in Kansas does.

Links