« Home | Bummer, dude » | Kiss me. I voted. And I think I just fell out of... » | Election Day » | This morning while I was showering I was going ove... » | That's a lot of really good football ... » | UNC 31, Miami (FL) 28 » | Desperate times, desperate measures? » | The stuff of legends » | Raindrops keep falling on my head » | The game »

With the election over the next big thing is this: Steelers vs. Eagles this Sunday at 1 pm. I'm not kidding when I say the nation's going to be watching. Thanks to rookie QB Ben Roethlisberger, a solid running game, a strong(er) secondary, and of course the blitz, the Steelers are turning heads nationwide these days. And this weekend, they take on the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL. The anticipation is killing me and it's only Wednesday. Just think though:

  • A team hasn't beaten 2 undefeated teams in a row this late in the season in NFL history.
  • Running back Duce Staley left the Eagles last year. He has 4 100+ yard games.
  • Big Ben's stats: 70.1 completion percentage, 9 touchdowns, 4 interceptions with only 1 being in his last 116 passes.
  • Trying to NOT get too excited about this one is going to take some effort. And if you know what's good for you, you will not call me Sunday afternoon between about 12:55 and 5 pm. You think I'm kidding. I'm not. If you call and I somehow decide to answer my phone, depending on what's happening I may not be able to string 2 coherent words together. I was like that this past Sunday. Come on Steelers. Eagles, bring it on.

    Links