To the very tips of my fingers
Back in the Wichita Youth Orchestras days I could play for hours. Literally hours. We had orchestra class 5 days a week for 50 minutes at a time. I'd go home, practice if I had an audition or something coming up and then on Saturday mornings Youth Symphony & Co. would have rehearsal from 9-12 am. Yes, between the ages of 10-17 I gave up essentially every Saturday of the school year to rehearse. Don't ask me why. But sadly today I picked up my violin to practice for the service on Sunday and to go over some stuff for the HopeTown dinner Saturday night and ... I'm sore from playing. My poor fingers have grown soft in the last 4 years and they are telling me, "What is this rubbing up and down metal strings you keep having us do? We don't like it!" Alas I have to take a break. Gone are the days when I could play for 2-3 hours at a time.