« Home | Weekend of Angela » | Well it's one of those times where I can't help bu... » | Feels like today » | Take two » | Valentine find » | Well, I've been doing all the work posting stuff f... » | UAAs 2005 - day 1 » | Sweet September » | You left a present under the tree ... » | Brown paper packages tied up with strings ... »

Football circus

With the scouting season in full swing here are some short updates: Plaxico Burress was not franchised by the Steelers - franchising Plax at his asking price would have exceeded the Steelers' salary cap. Plaxico will (most likely) become a free agent. There's talk that the Ravens are intrested. Oooh ... I hope not. Jerome Bettis and the Steelers have apparently opened contract talks. There had been talk that Jerome was going to retire. He took a pay cut last year from 2.2 to 1 million base salary and shared time with Duce Staley. This year he'll probably get a 2 million base salary and continue to share time with Duce. I've never seen the football combine that is aired on NFL network during scouting. I have this vision in my head that it's something of a skills circus with everyone out for blood. JJ has NFL network and I'm pretty sure he Tivos the combine. I'll have to have myself a looksie.

Links