Take two
After all the fuss of not wanting to "do Valentine's Day" JJ and I did end up getting each other cards. I started it ... I left him one at his apartment when I left Sunday night and it was all about how much I appreciate what he does and who he is etc etc. Pretty typical Valentine's Day card from the people who care enough to send the very best. Last night after dinner (Ichiban Express for him, mashed potatoes and barbequed pork for me) JJ gave me my card. He prefaced the giving of the card with, "At 6:30 on Valentine's the selection at Harris Teeter is pretty limited." I knew he hadn't gotten the card in advance so this didn't surprise me. So I open the envelope. And I pull out this card ... and it looks familiar and it dawns on me ... he got me the exact same card in November ... for our 6 month anniversary. The SAME card. And if I thought my JJ was aware enough to have done that on purpose it would have been sickeningly sweet. But my JJ is NOT aware enough to have done that on purpose ... what he did was go to the store and buy the card thinking "I bet Angela would like this card." And I do. I love the card. And it's quite convenient beceause now I have 2 of them ... one for my office, and one for my apartment! I about died laughing. I thought it was hilarious. He felt really awful but I was laughing so hard I think he could tell it was okay. This story isn't as good as Steve and Sabrina's Valentine's Day card story ... but it's still funny.