« Home | Be Mine » | Lost and found » | Owie owie owie ... » | Isn't it romantic? » | Warm and toasty » | Fresh meat » | The end of an era » | Last hurrah » | Cost » | Steelers 20, Jets 17 (OT) »

The things you know

Things I have learned over the last week: 1. All cooking disasters do not have to be disasters. When we were making stuffed shells on Friday night JJ mixed the wrong stuff together ... and it ended up being pretty good anyway. 2. JJ has romantic capabilities. Or at least more romantic capabilities than I gave him credit for. He's always been sweet but Friday night he outdid himself. 3. There are actually people out there who would stick up for the people they love ... even at risk to themselves. I think that's enough said. 4. Coffee in the morning a jittery Angela makes. I haven't had coffee in almost 3 months and even then it was a latte made with one shot of espresso. I got a latte this morning ... and I'm twitchy. At the time hot coffee just sounded better than cold soda. 5. When I'm in a tired/cranky mood, I need a hug. When JJ's in a tired/cranky mood he needs me to not need a hug. This works only when we're not tired and cranky at the same time. Last night, we were tired and cranky at the same time. Didn't work out so good. Duly noted, I'll see what I can do. 6. I finally know who Dick is of Dick-and-Hugh. Dick and Hugh are the computer guys for the psych department. Every time I've been introduced to them they've been "Dick-and-Hugh" and although they don't look anything alike (one is short and dark, the other is tall and gray) I've never been able to figure out which was which until one of them (Dick) came to my office to help me with accessing Davie network. Yes, I'm in my 4th semester. 7. Kyra talks a lot. My past experiences with the Mulder Girls usually consisted of Megs making lots and lots of talk/noise and Kyra kind of sitting and being quietly attentive. Last night I gave Kyra a ride home and she talked the whole way. All 15 minutes. I tried to ask her questions like, "How's your Bible reading going?" because she had shown me her Bible bookmark reading last week but ... I never got a word in edgewise. 8. Some doctors really are still idiots. A friend of mine was asking me about Ritalin. Turns out someone my friend knows was prescribed Ritalin over the phone. The reasoning for it? "My 13-year-old is loud, obnoxious and rude ... I think he needs to be on Ritalin." That's IT? That's all it takes? Man, I didn't need to go to medical school to know that's retarded. 9. I really love JJ a lot. Since Christmas we haven't been in as much of a "honeymoon" phase as we were before. I think part of it is the stress of returning to work, part of it is just learning to live with all the nuances of the other. The best part is that I have this wonderful person to disagree with ... and the same wonderful person to make up with when it's over. 10. I get really tired when I'm sick. I used to be of the opinion that when I'm sick, I just keep plowing along and I'm sure I'll be fine. Well, Sunday I came down with a cold and Tuesday I went to the pool. 500 yards into it my heartrate had skyrocketed, I was short of breath and my head hurt. I think we'll put that on the backburner for awhile.

Links