« Home | An Interview from Ms. Skrebes » | Remember the night ... » | And in other news ... » | The road to the final four » | It's the most wonderful time of the year ... » | Just another day for a daydream » | Getting to know you » | Rain or shine » | I needed one of those! » | And the hits just keep on coming »

Teacher appreciation day

Yesterday was TA appreciation day and in honor in all of us who pseudo teach classes there was a barbeque in our honor. From 11-2 we were served free Carolina barbeque and got free UNC TA t-shirts. So around noon, Leslie, Jeff, Ilana and I plus Charlene from the clinical program went to the TA appreciation site where we were met with a huge red banner reading "TA Appreciation BBQ" and upon closer inspection signs that read "Sorry - we are out of food". There was no food, no t-shirts, the people sponsoring the thing had packed up and left. Infuriated over no free food, Jeff pulled out his camera phone and took pictures. Those will be posted ... and sent to the proper authorities. So much for TA UNappreciation day!

Hey, at least someone wanted to appreciate you. I don't think there is a TA appreciation day for law school TAs (I think they appreciate us through our paychecks), but I did get asked to cancel my class tomorrow to show solidarity with the service workers union strike.

Man...I was a TA and didn't even know that such an event even existed! I would have really been diggin' on a free tee. Oh well, I'd have only been disappointed!

Post a Comment

Links