Gonna get maa-aaarried
And the countdown continues. There's not that much left to do really. Just that last minute stuff like provide a headcount and order lunch for the day of the ceremony so wedding party members don't bite the dust while at the altar. Sabrina has already made our nail appointments, I've made our hair appointments and as far as I know all the men have been measured for their tuxes. This weekend we officially start packing up my apartment and moving it over to JJ's ... although I think that's going to have to go in this order: clean JJ's apartment, pack up my apartment, THEN move. That's okay though, the first few trips will just be easy stuff like winter clothes I don't wear anymore or books (which will actually go to my office now that I have an office) and then by the time of the week of the wedding I will be living out of a suitcase and I will have sheets on my bed and that's it. One of the things that JJ really wanted to do for the wedding was dance. If you remember from Sabrina's post in April, the Steve and Sabrina came over one night, I made us steaks and they taught us to dance. It was then that we discovered two things 1) JJ has little to no rhythm 2) His joints - shoulders, waist, hips, neck - are attached in ways that would cause pain to most normal human beings. In other words, the man can't groove ... and as we discovered, it's not easy for him to dance either. Dance lesson number 2 a couple of nights ago was actually very productive. After lasagna and bread, we learned to do some turns and some fancy schmancy (looking) stuff that will hopefully wow our beloved friends and family who are coming to the wedding. During our break we ate the berry, cookie and ice cream dessert that Sabrina made which was very good. We also (very important) learn how to ditch out of the dance and just sort of um ... waddle ... while we're waiting for the beat. We put on some Michael Buble (that's boo-blay) because Sabrina conveniently had brought Sylvester who caters to her every music need and I must say - I am now a Michael Buble fan. WONDERFUL music! I will be asking Sabrina for his CDs so I can start my own Michael Buble collection. His voice is rich and mellow. Great music, seriously. And he does a lot of covers it seems, which is always a little bit of a gamble. Covers can be really good or really bad and he does them quite well. So expect to hear Michael at our reception. Anyway JJ can swing! (kinda) ... so we're rolling ... going to the chapel and we're ... gonna get maaa-aaarried. And if you're keeping track, that's 21 days till "I do." P.S. That's number 80 on my list - added Michael Buble as one of the 3. Ben Folds looks likely. And Ben Harper is up there, too. If you own any of the above, please contact me so I can start my collection in earnest! :-)