« Home | List update » | Hear the surf » | The heat is on » | The secret life of children » | Circle of friends » | The list » | East meets South » | I'm glad that I'm not soluble » | A la cuisine! » | Summer breeze »

Temptation I Cannot Bear

I know you're not supposed to but it's so hard to resist ... so I have a confession to make .... I've been checking our registry online. I don't check everyday, but I check probably 2-3 times a week - enough that I notice if people buy us stuff and enough that I wonder who got us what. The exciting news is we're getting pretty much all the stuff we need along with some stuff that is totally extravagant (do I really need a zester that is 6 inches long? Or what about the wall sconces that come complete with a mirror and candle?) but our theory when we started putting things on the registry that we would put stuff on there that we need (like our everyday dishes, tableware, and certain cooking implements we don't own like a rolling pin or a non-stick frying pan), stuff that is traditional for a wedding registry but that we don't NEED need (like fine china), stuff that we would like to have because what we've got currently is old and some of it is gross (like a new shower curtain and new towels) and stuff that was totally overindulgent but this is our only chance to get it because we would never buy it for ourselves (like a food processor, nice hamper, nice trash can, and the aforementioned zester). But it's going to be like Christmas when we get around to getting and opening those gifts because it's all stuff we know we asked for (and therefore know we'll enjoy) but we don't know who's giving us what ... it's a mystery! The point of this post is, I just checked and noticed that 2 of my favorite items that I was seriously hoping for have now been bought - our wine glasses and our everyday drinkware. Woohoo! 27 days ...

Links