As time goes by
Yesterday I posted about the changing seasons. Today I'm posting about the changing years. It hit me last night as JJ and I drove home from small group how different my life has become in the last year. Last year on October 26th I was not yet engaged to JJ (although I knew I would be in due time). Last year on October 26th the Steelers had not yet thumped the Patriots (which would happen on October 31st). Last year on October 26th I would never have considered having Sabrina over to do Pilates. I lived with two roommates. I was leading a small group. And apparently on my way into work got clunked on the head by something falling out of a tree. This year, I am JJ's wife. The Steelers have already lost to the Patriots on an Adam Vinateri field goal, only to turn around and thump the Chargers and the Bengals. We play the Ravens on Halloween this year. Sabrina was the matron of honor in our wedding (one of the best decisions I made about that wedding ever - other than picking out the groom, of course) and we've done Pilates. I live with JJ in our 1200+ sq. ft. apartment that I love. And I did not get clunked on the head by something falling out of a tree this morning. I guess the reason it struck me is the things that have changed - being married, getting to know Sabrina, my living situation - and the things that haven't - the Steelers still play football and I still love JJ. It led me to thinking: What part of our lives need to "change" before we start referring to it as "Things have changed" and what part of our lives need to stay the same? Obviously marrying JJ was a big change. But on the other hand, we seem to have settled into it well and while it's a change, it's a welcome one. The same thing with Sabrina. Obviously talking to her everyday (pretty much) is a change. But on the other hand, it didn't take either one of us much effort, and it's a welcome change. I don't really know what equals change and what doesn't. *shrugs shoulders* And there's my two cents for the morning.