My daddy is bigger than your daddy
I'm a Steelers fan. And like many many many Steelers fans across the country I was not exactly thrilled with quarterback Tommy Maddox's performance on Sunday against the Jaguars. I thought that he played like a man afraid of the field and like a man who didn't trust his teammates. I thought he played a poorly executed game and definitely not the same way the Tommy Maddox that led the Steelers to a comeback in 2002 played. And I think that the last straw was the way that he shuffled after the lost fumble in overtime, instead of throwing himself down to protect the ball. But that doesn't mean that I think Tommy should suffer misery and ridicule. And I definitely don't think that Tommy's kids should be hounded about their father's performance. Those children had nothing to do with their dad's performance. Am I grateful that Big Ben is going to play on Sunday? Yes. Am I disappointed with Tommy's performance on Sunday? Yes. But we lost. We can't go back and change that. Give Tommy a break. The behavior of the crazy fans is ridiculous.