I just wanna go home
It's official - we are dog owners. Well, kinda. The dog comes home tomorrow. The name he had at the shelter is Benny. We're changing that post haste. We figured that in order to make the transition a little easier on him to change his name to something ending in -y or the -y sound so naturally we started going through the Steelers roster ... Bussy, Ducey, Quincy, Tommy (hmmmm ... DEFINITELY NOT Tommy) and then decided on Willie! It's perfect, the dog looks like a Willie and if he ends up being all happy and excited then we can call him "Fast Willie" as in "Fast Willie Parker" right? I might try and get the doggie a Steelers tag for Christmas. But we have his crate all ready for crate training and his dishes (brillian people put giant price stickers on the inside bottoms of the dishes so they're currently soaking to remove the stickiness) and his collar and leash. Tomorrow morning he'll be neutered and then I'll pick him up and bring him home around 3:30 tomorrow and he'll be ours! I will, of course, be posting pictures soon. If you're our dog, though, Tuesday just isn't going to be a good day. You wake up, they make you go to to the vet, you get your little boy parts removed, then someone you don't know comes and picks you up and takes you home and changes your name, you wake up in a place you've never seen before. Yeah, that's just a bad day for a dog I would imagine. But, hopefully he'll be happy here and that will make up for it. He's tan and white and has white paws and a white tip to a long tail. He's shy and sweet and sensitive, but very willing to play. Can't wait to bring him home tomorrow!
yay! I cant wait to meet Willie!
Posted by
Sabrina |
11/21/2005 11:33:00 AM
He sounds pretty cute! I can't wait to see his photos!
Posted by
Sarah |
11/21/2005 03:26:00 PM