« Home | The Madness » | Curious yet tasty food experiment » | Rage against the machine » | Odds and ends » | Can I tell you something? » | So I don't have to » | American TV watcher » | Salt of the earth » | Tell me a story » | Top 10 things that bring you joy »

Not that my life is deserving

Spring break is over ... actually it's been over for several days and per the usual flurry of activity post spring break I haven't had time to post till now. This past weekend was busy busy busy. First we went, at 9 am on a Saturday no less, to church for WAM training day. Will McFarlane from down the road came and spoke to us for about an hour and a half and then we had breakout sessions. The instrumentalists went with Will and we could hear him doing neat riffs and stuff on his guitar (that IS the technical name for it - "riffs and stuff") and the vocalists went with a vocal coach. They did a lot of vocal exercises and one of them, well, they learned to ... do something that sounded like wind blowing really hard because we could hear them from upstairs in the tech booth. For our tech breakout we did an "update the team" session and then I haphazardly talked about the compressor for 30 minutes. Then we had lunch. After lunch we went to the Kelleys and picked up Anna Grace for the Duke game. Call it betrayal if you want, but for the one game I was excited to have Anna Grace over. I have Anna Grace in my class in hopetown on Sundays and I love love love her - she's smart and fun and thoughtful and one of the most insightful 8 year-olds I've ever met. She's also the oldest of 5 and has 4 younger brothers. So I thought it would be fun for her to watch a game in a sort of grown-up atmosphere, by herself and with JJ and me. After the game we played a little MarioKart and then her family came to pick her up. I had a lot of fun and I hope she did, too. Post Anna Grace we went out to get Steve his birthday present (Shhh! Don't tell Steve we're last minute shoppers! We knew what we were gonna get him for awhile but never had a chance to get it ...) and then over to Moe's for Steve's little shindig. We learned some stuff about the nutritional content of the food over at Moe's so we tried to be good - I had the taco salad instead of my usual nachos-smothered-in-liquid-cheesy-goodness - and Sabrina made funfetti cupcakes with funfetti frosting. Sunday morning I worked the service and through no fault of our own JJ and I are now the cute-cheek-pinching-adorable-tech-team-couple. It's weird to have people you've never met come up to you and tell you that you and your husband are cute. It's much appreciated, but still weird. Afterward was one of newhope's baptisms and I went and debuted my video-ing skills. I have NO IDEA how that turned out though. I just hope that Curtis has some usable footage. As a first timer I really need some tips but Curtis is the most gracious teacher ever so I hope he has some great constructive criticism for me. Here were are at Wednesday before I even knew it. Better get going.

Having taken many and much crappy footage, I've learned that Curtis is a miracle worker. It's what he does. I've learned a few of his techniques, but it's like the Force and I'm Luke in Episode IV and he's Yoda.

Post a Comment

Links