« Home | So I don't have to » | American TV watcher » | Salt of the earth » | Tell me a story » | Top 10 things that bring you joy » | Happy Day After Valentine's Day! » | From angrylittlegirls.com ... » | FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE 1. Lifeguard 2. ... » | Looky! » | Just remember what your old pal said »

Can I tell you something?

This past weekend I had these beautiful, adorable girls: (*picture borrowed from purplesabrina.com*) Rachel was out of town for the weekend at the beach and on Saturday night Jamie and I took the girls and made dinner. We got pizza dough and toppings and made their own little pizzas (Kyra wanted lots of cheese; Megan likes ham and pineapple) and then Curtis came and ate them with us and took the girls home. At 7 the next morning I picked up the girls and we went to Kroger to get eggs and bread and I made them egg toast. Egg toast, an official Mulder culinary accomplishment, is a piece of toast buttered and adorned with an egg, sunnyside up, salted and peppered. I learned something about egg toast on Sunday though. If you leave it too long in the pan, the yolks harden and it's not as tasty. Things I learned about the girls this weekend: - They are full of stories. One of the things we did on Sunday morning was I would tell a story, then Kyra, then Megan. I heard stories about their cat, their grandparents, their friends and lots of others. If you ask them, they will tell you some great stories. - They are very well behaved. And "well-behaved" and "energetic" can be mutually exclusive categories. - They are very protective of each other ... as long as they agree with each other at that given moment. Kyra's cheeks turned bright pink and started itching and Megan started listing off possible remedies and trying to make her feel better. - Kyra is really tall. - Megan talks a LOT. I am big fans of the girls. I hope I get to play with them again soon.

You need to keep them longer. I turns out, the longer you keep them, the more revelations you make about them. I'm always amazed at how Kyra IS Curtis and Megan IS Rachel.

Except for the whole "Kyra's a girl" thing, right? :-p And while JJ is working 15 hours a day is NOT the time to have the girls staying overnight. although I have a feeling that maybe during the women's retreat weekend we might be having them over since someone will have to take them to church like someone had to this week.

Post a Comment

Links