« Home | Because I have nothing else to say » | Bring it » | Come on and Walk this way » | I dreamed I saw eleven stars » | Play ball! » | The cool thing was neither did I » | There's more to a girl than a really great pair of... » | I want to play too » | You sing a sad song just to turn it around » | Wait a minute Mr. Postman »

The Not-So-Traditional Easter

This Sunday is Easter. I had originally planned to have these two: that would be the wonderful Steve and Sabrina Australie and this guy: who would be the incomparable Scott Luce over for a traditional southern style Easter lunch/dinner. Only now I'm not. Why not? I have to work on a presentation ... a presentation on The Temporal Context Model in Spatial Navigation and Relational Learning ... so while I would much rather cook and eat with my friends, there will be no such festivities. Which is definitely too bad. But Steve and Sabrina and JJ and I decided that we're going to go to the early church service and then go out for breakfast. I LOVE going out for breakfast. Although I think that might actually be because I don't do it that often. I enjoy going out to breakfast because what happens is I can get non-sweet breakfast foods beyond cereal or bagels. Don't get me wrong. I love bagels. Breugger's bagels. With cream cheese. Soft, chewy, smooth, hot, cold ... where was I? Right. Going out for breakfast. It means I can get eggs, home fries and grits. I eat grits now and I love grits and really good grits are hard to make at home so it's generally a breakfast-out sort of food item. And that means that on Sunday I get my eggs, my home fries, and my grits. It also means that Monday I'm going to the gym hardcore. But I will definitely enjoy my not-so-traditional Easter breakfast on Sunday. Down in the deeper South my in-laws will be having Easter with their (and I suppose now my) extended friends-turned-family as they always have. We won't be there, obviously, but hopefully next week some time I will have a photo of our niece and nephew wearing the Easter clothes that we got them (well we bought Genna's - and I don't know what little boys wear, so my mother-in-law picked out Walker's).

Happy Easter!

Post a Comment

Links