« Home | Come on and Walk this way » | I dreamed I saw eleven stars » | Play ball! » | The cool thing was neither did I » | There's more to a girl than a really great pair of... » | I want to play too » | You sing a sad song just to turn it around » | Wait a minute Mr. Postman » | There's a ninety-five pound Chinese man with a hun... » | Constants aren't so constant anymore »

Bring it

My friend Danny had this in his AIM profile. Kinda makes you think don't it? The hard part of being Christian isn't believing. Believing is the easy part, and that's what makes it so dangerous. I feel an overwhelming temptation to go around saying, "Yes, I believe in Jesus," and use that statement as a shield to hide from my responsibilities. I'll listen to a sermon and think, "He can't be talking to me; I'm already Christian. This message is for the unbelievers." No more. If I believe, if I truly believe, then I must understand that to be Christian involves a greater responsibility to myself, to others, and to God. I have to challenge myself to grow and mature spiritually. I have to live my life in such a way that my belief can be seen in my actions. No longer will my relationship with God be a relationship of convenience. The way I see it, if being Christian doesn't inconvenience me, then I'm doing something wrong. Complacency is the most dangerous enemy of all. But now the war is on. Bring it.

Links