« Home | The cool thing was neither did I » | There's more to a girl than a really great pair of... » | I want to play too » | You sing a sad song just to turn it around » | Wait a minute Mr. Postman » | There's a ninety-five pound Chinese man with a hun... » | Constants aren't so constant anymore » | Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me » | Not that my life is deserving » | The Madness »

Play ball!

Last night I watched my first ever baseball game on TV. It actually aired on Wednesday Was it as boring as I thought it was going to be? Not really. Was it as exciting as I would hope? No. But it was a learning experience. I knew what the types of pitches were (or at least knew 4 of them) but now I can spot the difference between a slider and a fastball. The radar helps. And of course having a husband who knows the game backwards and forward helps, too. He showed me how the different pitches are different by using an orange from our fridge. It was fun. The Cards led the Phillies for a large portion of the game 3-1 and then in the bottom of the 8th the Phillies tied it up. The Cards pulled ahead by 1 in the 9th and the win. I'm learning. It's fun. There's another series this weekend - against the Cubs. We'll be watching that, too, I'm sure.

hey, hey...I deserve a spot in your blog. I was a part of the game watching in a way since I was on the phone with you for like 45 minutes. Acknowledge me!!! I crave attention!!!

Last night while I was watching the game I was on the phone with Jamie.

There. Happy? ;-)

Congrats on your first baseball experience! I tried to take Michael to his first Mets game yesterday but the darn thing RAINED OUT!!! Next series that he'll be here for is against the Yankees... boy is that going to be nuts. :) It was still fun to show him my Shea Stadium and start to teach him about the players and all. Once you get into baseball, you'll never leave it behind. Being a baseball fan is being happy. :)

Post a Comment

Links