« Home | Constants aren't so constant anymore » | Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me » | Not that my life is deserving » | The Madness » | Curious yet tasty food experiment » | Rage against the machine » | Odds and ends » | Can I tell you something? » | So I don't have to » | American TV watcher »

There's a ninety-five pound Chinese man with a hundred sixty million dollars behind this door

I was thinking the other day about how long it's been since I've really truly enjoyed a movie. You know, enjoyed it enough that I want to see it over and over and over again. One that I can have on in the background while I'm cleaning or cooking, but also one I can sit down on a Friday night and just watch. To get an idea of what kinds of movies I like, I'm not a chick flick kind of girl. I'm just not. Just like I didn't look forward to planning my wedding, or the actual wedding day (not because I didn't want to get married, but because a wedding is like a circus with tuxedos) because they were anticipated to be great, gushy, lovey, dovey events I don't really like chick flick type movies. I haven't gone to the theatre to see one since some friends in college convinced me to go to see The Wedding Planner and I vowed never to spend money to see a chick flick again. I just don't like them. But like every rule, there's an exception. In this case, 2 of them. In high school I watched While You Were Sleeping and My Best Friend's Wedding with some friends and loved them both. And it's because they're so well written and have a bit of farsical, situational comedy in them. I like sticky situations where people have to think fast on their feet, or high paced, smart dialogue. Both movies are like that. And there hasn't been a movie like that in awhile. The last one after My Best Friend's Wedding was the new Ocean's 11 with George Clooney and company. The first one, not the second one. I miss those types of movies ... good wholesome smart fun that doesn't have to be raunchy or violent. Maybe I'm just a goody two shoes who's refusing to roll with the times. And it's not like these movies were fantastical cinematic achievements. They were just pure entertainment. The three are 3 of my favorite movies of all time ... I need to get the DVDs ... I have the VHS tapes but who uses THOSE anymore?? But if I can get the DVDs I can watch them whenever I want. This has been a service of the Angela Public Broadcast System - we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Links