Top 7
My friend Nicole often posts lists of things she observes and loves to do and things that make her happy. It's a wonderful idea, in my opinion, because what that means is if I'm ever down I can look back over old blog posts and remember the stuff that makes me smile. 1. Hugs and kisses from my favorite children - Jessie and Jaylyn and Dylan have become almost a part of our tiny little family ... Jessie hugs and cuddles and kisses and shares herself between JJ and me (at the movie Cars on Saturday she took turns sitting in each of our laps); Jaylyn is loyal and devoted; Dylan is sweet and affectionate. It is just so great to see all three of them grow and grow up and to know that their parents are some of the best parents I ever hope to see ... I hope I'm as good a mom as Kim and Michele are someday. 2. Having time, after years of not, to leisure read - I'm reading The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten (of Iron Chef America fame)and it's fascinating to read about all the different things about food that I didn't know. 3. Roxy - having her around entertains me. I could do without the persistent slobbering but it's a small price to pay for lots of doggie love and tail wags. 4. Air conditioning - around here it's getting to be 80 degrees with 80+% humidity by 8:30 in the morning. I can barely handle heat and humidity separately, but together I'm just doomed. Our power bill in the winter, when most power bills go up, is much lower since we keep the thermostat set at 65. I love cold weather. But in the summer, it's a tough one. 5. Good sporting events and championship series - between the Stanley Cup and College World Series it's been almost (ALMOST) as good as March Madness around here. The 'Canes won. The Tar Heels did not. Yay. And just as equally, boo. 6. My church and the ministries there - I love WAM. I love HopeTown. I love newhope. And all the people there. 7. Good small group - my small group is lovely. And awesome. And tons and tons of fun. Plus, we like, study God and Jesus and stuff. You should join us. If you're a girl. If you're a boy you should go join Josh and Kenny's group instead.