« Home | Take me away, a million miles away from here » | the Bag lady » | Labor up the laboring wave » | Ch-ch-chaaanges » | C'mon c'mon c'mon, let's go ... » | It's been a hard day's night » | In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of... » | One more year » | *cough* and *sniff* » | Musings on chlorine »

House at Pooh Corner

This weekend my in laws came to visit. My father-in-law had, at some point, misgivings about us getting a dog so I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about whether he and my dearest Roxy would get along while they were here. My mother-in-law, while having a quite different idea of what pet dogs should be than I do (she grew up with the teeny dogs - under 10 pounds dogs) is so easy going I figured that as long as Roxy didn't filch clothes or makeup or something from her bags that they would be fine. Well it turned out better than we thought. Roxy LOVED my father-in-law. Went and sat with him while he read, curled up beside him on the floor while he napped, sat as his feet while he ate his plateful of tomatoes, followed him around. Don't get me wrong, she loves us and we see her every day. But of all the visitors we've had, I think she has liked him the most. And he loved her right back. Gave her treats, played with her, rubbed her tummy (her favorite!), let her sleep next to him on the floor or sit with him on the sofa. And then they had to go home. They left on Monday morning and per our usual routine, as we got ready to go to work we crated Roxy and then I let her out when I got home. While Jackie and Terry were here they stayed in our back room which currently serves as a combination small den and office. When I let Roxy out on Monday afternoon, she made a beeline for the door and just sat there (the door was closed). When I opened the door she walked over to the couch where Jackie had slept, sat down next to it and looked at me as if to say "I can smell him. He's still here. So where are you hiding him?" Last night we sat in there with her and she snuggled up with the pillows and blankets that my in-laws had slept on. Just look at how much Roxy misses her Pooh!

Links