« Home | the Bag lady » | Labor up the laboring wave » | Ch-ch-chaaanges » | C'mon c'mon c'mon, let's go ... » | It's been a hard day's night » | In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of... » | One more year » | *cough* and *sniff* » | Musings on chlorine » | New baby new life, we will teach him to speak French »

Take me away, a million miles away from here

It's hot here. So very very hot. Like I break a sweat walking from my car to the bus stop hot. I don't like it hot. And the fact that I don't wear shorts doesn't help anything. A couple of weeks ago I got my hair cut so that it didn't weigh down my head (no, I do not have photos yet)and I thought it would help except now it's growing out again and it's expensive to get it trimmed so that it matches the original cut. What a pain. So now it's just hot. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have two things to look forward to in the next week: 1) This weekend me and the girls from my small group are going to the lake! I'll be sure to take pictures to post when I get back. But that should be relaxing. What, me enjoy time near water? Nooo. :-) 2) Next Tuesday is the LAST DAY I have to ride a bus to work. Hopefully ever. I loathe riding the bus. And for some reason the bus drivers don't feel the need to turn on the AC. Who does that when it's 96 out? (see above on my opinions about heat). And then the week after that I start my new job! Woohoo!

Look on the bright side. There's a tropical storm headed up that way bringing rain and cloud cover which will hopefully cool it down some. Here, tomorrow's high is 105, then 104 Friday, then 111 on Saturday, down to 107 on Sunday and continuing above 100 most of next week. Pray for rain!

I take the bus to and from work every day and they're actually very good about the a/c thing up here. The worst day was still Monday, though, when the power went out overnight. Today it's only 86 degrees in my apartment (I have a thermometer on my coffee table in front of me) but that night it got up to 92 in here. It's amazing how much 6 degrees and the ability to turn on the a/c makes a difference. :)

OK, here's the bag.... unfortunatley it used to be available in about 10 colors. It is big enough for my Franklin Covey planner (the medium-sized one, glasses, wallet, cell, keys, makeup case. it has great nonskid shoulder straps so it doesn't fall off your shoulder.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/309,73653_Timbuk2-Marina-Handbag-For-Women.html

Post a Comment

Links