Best face forward
I'm constantly on the hunt for the most perfect this or most perfect that. Well, now I'm on another one. I need the most perfect, yet refreshing, face wash. At the end of a school day when I've chased down kids all day, been on the playground, gotten dry erase marker and pencil lead on my fingers, graded papers, cleaned up floors, and supervised 3rd graders at lunch time, my face feels like it's carrying around about 3 inches of grime. I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser in the morning and it does a lovely job. For a drugstore facial cleanser it does its job well: gets me clean and not overdry in the mornings. At night is a totally different story. I need something that can clean deep down and get out layers of dirt and sweat, plus refresh me and make me feel like I'm human again. I'm getting stuck on the "refreshing" part because most of the things listed as "refreshing" also contain acne medication like salicylic acid or something and I don't need that at the moment. I have a face wash for days like that. Any recommendations? I'm looking for pretty inexpensive although if it's in the 10-15 dollar range I might consider it since I'll be using it once rather than twice a day. I'm also a big fan of the gel or liquid cleanser. For whatever reason I don't like creams. And bars are inconvenient and clumsy. I'm a big fan of foam and lather. Don't ask me why, I'm just telling you my preferences. I've looked at but haven't bought: Clean and Clear Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub (I actually used this for awhile and it's not bad, but I want to see if I can find something sans little beads) Clinique Liquid Soap Noxema Deep Lathering Cleanser The key here is that it has to FEEL clean afterward and my problem is that after I use Cetaphil at night, I feel like I need to wash again at least once to make my face actually clean. If anyone has used these or has a recommendation to add, let me know!
Origins Checks and Balances. No joke it is the BEST face wash ever. Foamy without being too harsh. I think its about $20 for a bottle but my last bottle lasted me 6 months. Nothing else ever lasts that long for such a small bottle.
Posted by
Sarah |
8/29/2006 11:33:00 PM
I'm a big fan of the single use foaming face cloths. There's great satisfaction in throwing away a days worth of dirt, grime and makeup.
Posted by
Sabrina |
8/30/2006 02:03:00 PM
This is really funny because I've totally been doing this too! I've bought so many different products over the past few months and still haven't found the perfect one. I was using Clearasil's for a while (the really thick one) and used to swear by Clean & Clear's foaming pump (the purple bottle) but I'm not feeling it anymore. I have the Neutrogina one with the orange dots but I don't like that feeling much. Very recently, I bought St. Yves apricot scrub and I like it but don't feel like it's doing everything I want.
The best thing I've ever tried I can't find anywhere. I was staying with a friend and tried it once. It's an Oil Of Olay product that has the microbeads but smells wonderful, doesn't burn, is gentle, and really cleans. It isn't any of the ones I can find in the store (it's a clear bottle so you can see the product, and doesn't have aloe in the ingredients). I sorta drove Michael crazy looking for it, but to no avail.
I like the cetaphil -- my best friend uses it -- but I know what you mean about it feeling like it isn't really working. It's so liquidy! I wish you luck at this -- keep me posted what you choose!
Posted by
springsandra |
8/30/2006 06:12:00 PM
Commenting again to say I second the disposable foaming face cloths. I've used those and like them a lot. However, they are sort of wasteful so I try to only buy them for traveling.
Something else to consider is using a toner after you wash your face at night. They come in acne and non-acne formats usually, and they grab all the stuff you miss.
One other suggestion I have is the St Ives Apricot Radiance. Has the little beads in it, but its creamy and nice and not harsh at all.
Posted by
Sarah |
8/31/2006 12:30:00 AM