« Home | Just a day for a daydreamin' boy (girl) » | Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go » | A greater song to You on the earth » | Welcome to my world » | I've lived in this place and I know all the faces » | Match made in heaven » | I left a million miles of memories on that road » | Goodbye to everything I thought I knew » | House at Pooh Corner » | Take me away, a million miles away from here »

Unashamed love

This past weekend we had one blissful day of 70something weather. Nice, not so humid, sunny but not hot. Of course, this week, when I have to be outside with the kids during recess, it's bloody hot. Oh well. I've noticed in my class, and really in most children I know, that kids that are the age of the kids in my class are fascinating. They really are. Curtis mentioned in a newsletter that they really are becoming mini-grown-ups. I don't know if those were his exact words but that was the idea. And they are! The strangest thing, or maybe the most interesting thing, I've found is that they want you to talk to them about kid subjects, but talk to them as though they were adults. But interestingly enough, adults who still have a child's outlook on the world. Yesterday in class we talked about pets (it was part of our back-to-school tic-tac-toe game) and these kids LOVE their animals! One of them had a picture of her and her puppy on her lunch box! But they are shameless about how much they adore their cats and dogs and fish. And that is what fascinates me. Where along the way do we, as adults, pick up this notion that showing how much we love someone or something isn't ok? Take, for example, me and my doggie. I adore her. She is my sunshine. I find her very presence entertaining - with some exceptions including when she smells, when she tries to lick me while I'm sleeping, and when she wakes me up in the middle of the night. But other than that, Roxy can follow me around all day and I would love her anyway. If I wanted to bring Roxy with me everywhere that would be weird (not to mention, not allowed), and if I had a big picture of Rox on my school bag, as a grown-up, that would be weird too. And I'm not sure why. Of course, it's 6:45, and I have to leave for school. So I'll wrap this up some other day.

FYI, I changed the address on my blog. smcsk8.blogspot.com now. other than that its all the same. have a good weekend!

I would love to bring my Belle with me everywhere. I don't think it would work well, but I'd be happy to always have my cat with me. Sabrina has lots of pictures of the cats in her office. My office has changed approx. 6 times in the past 2 years so I try to keep stuff to a minimum.

Funny how he doesnt really care if our other cat, Cooper, is with him.

Post a Comment

Links