Just a day for a daydreamin' boy (girl)
Angela is tired. Her bones ache and her arms are heavy, her feet are sore and she's tired of thinking about whether what she's chosen to wear to work is acceptable. On the other hand, Angela is also excited because it seems like things are going well and about to get started. So how could she complain about that? This past week has been a busy one. On top of getting my classroom ready for school I had Anna Grace over on Wednesday because I had told her that we would go swimming before school started. We swam, then we played MarioKart, made lasagna for dinner (which, apparently, I do not make like her mom), played more MarioKart and I took her home. It's always fun for me to hang out with kids because they often point things out that I've thought of but couldn't necessarily verbalize. Kids generally speak their minds and for that I am grateful. One of the things that Anna Grace pointed out, which I had thought about but couldn't articulate, was the destruction of our old church building. We've moved into the new place and it's great - lots of space for the kids (and as a preschool teacher in hopetown, for that I am forever grateful), and a wider sanctuary for worship. But I've still been having trouble understanding why someone would ever do that to a church. Anna Grace put it simply, "I think he's saying that to him, his house is more important than God's house." Yup, from the mouth of one of the smartest 8 year olds I've ever met (rivalled only by the illustrious Kyra Mulder), she's right. Amazing, isn't it? Yesterday Jamie and Michele and I went for pedicures. My toes are a pretty, pearly, pink. I also had a couple of other things done so now I'm presentable. I'm hungry. I'm going to eat dinner now.