Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go
I've learned something this week - if you like what you do, you will work a lot. And that work, while definitely not play, is rewarding. If you don't like what you do, work is a chore. If you like what you do, it's not like it's not work ... but it's definitely more worth it to you. Case in point, I've had a few jobs over the years and I can think of some that I really enjoyed (coaching, teaching swim lessons) and some that I really didn't (any sort of menial job, occasional days of lifeguarding) and the ones that I really enjoyed I could do over and over, day in and day out, and I would get neither tired nor bored. It's Thursday night at 8:45 p.m. and I have already worked 32-33 hours this week. I have actually been at school or doing something school related for 37 hours but I'm not counting things like today when we got to play miniature golf and had pizza for lunch. Before Monday morning I will likely work another 25-30 hours between stuff at home and stuff at school. If you're doing your math right, that is a LOT of hours. The good news is that even though I will likely be working a minimum of 40-45 hours a day for the rest of the school year that there will be no panic like there is now until next fall. The school year only starts once. Saturday and Sunday JJ is coming to help me finish up my classroom while I do more lesson plans. Monday morning is orientation for new students so I have to be done when I leave Sunday night. True panic has not ensued yet. I'm reserving that for Monday night at 9 p.m. when I realize I will have kids at 7:30 the next morning! P.S. I know that this blog isn't supposed to be about work but that's all I've been doing this week.
I'm so happy to hear that things are going well! :) I definitely agree with you that when you love what you do, "work" isn't something you dread -- and it should be that way...
As far as hours, that's a ton for a teacher! I'm really impressed! As for me, I was doing my timesheet tonight and I'm at 42.5 already... and this is supposed to be the easy time of year! Oh well... that's work for ya. :)
Posted by
springsandra |
8/10/2006 09:31:00 PM
are you going to have a class pet? cause that would be cool.
Posted by
Sabrina |
8/11/2006 10:08:00 AM