« Home | Another list update » | Honey I'm home » | Live from Asheville » | The dress dilemma, part II » | Independence Day » | If my memory serves me correctly ... » | Quentin Thomas has a posse » | Just in case you need a visual, here they are. Ky... » | Can I have just one more moondance? » | Just because I can »

At laaaaast

For weeks before our wedding JJ and I had joked that while on our honeymoon we would not be shy about saying "We're on our honeymoon" in the hopes of ... you know ... getting free stuff. Not a lot of free stuff but a little, like a mint or ... a dessert. Our standards weren't very high. Sadly, nothing, nada, not a bite. We'd given up our quest for the free honeymoon stuff when ... as our last hurrah we went to Macaroni Grill last night. As our waitress, Dana, handed us the check she asked if we were together (i.e. should she split the checks) so we explained that no, we've just been married a week and really we can pay one check. She very cleverly found out our dessert preferences and we got .... a humongous piece of cheesecake drenched in fresh strawberries. We brought it home and ate every bite. It was wonderful. Thanks, Dana.

Good idea... maybe we'll try that. I mean we could say we "just" got married. Sure it was 2 years ago. But compared to say my parents or people married 50 years it's not that long ago. Worth some cheesecake, right?

Officially, you're newlyweds for two years. After that, you're stretching things a bit. But, get all you can for those two years. I can definitely say Sabrina and I have gotten comp'ed drinks, free deserts, and lots of smiling happy people. If nothing else, it usually keeps your server from spitting in your food.

I've also heard that if you just ACT like you're on your honeymoon if they don't ask they might just give you free stuff - we haven't tried that one yet. ;)

Post a Comment

Links