« Home | Library of one » | Now and then » | At laaaaast » | Another list update » | Honey I'm home » | Live from Asheville » | The dress dilemma, part II » | Independence Day » | If my memory serves me correctly ... » | Quentin Thomas has a posse »

You are my reward

A few months ago JJ and I fought the good fight. We tease and joke a lot but rarely do we have the big blow up that results in major changes. Well, a few months ago, seems like forever now, I cornered him with the accusation "Biblically it says you're supposed to be the spiritual leader of the household and you're not! Or at least I don't feel like you are!" I then proceeded to list out things that indicated a split in our spiritual lives, signs that we were neither growing closer to God nor closer to each other, and definitely not growing closer to God together. Fast forward about 10 weeks. In the intervening time we've prayed together, read scripture together and of course gotten married. Last night, we got our answer. Both of us came to a better realization of how much God loves us and how much we should love God. We came to the same conclusion independently, during a song Curtis did during Encounter last night. See, our love for each other is great, unconditional, truly wonderful. And we can see it, touch it, hug it .... you get the idea. And having gotten married, our love has managed to strengthen making both of us understand better how to love each other and love God. Pretty cool huh? And what song triggered the epiphany? Here you are ... Enough.

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
You’re my coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know

More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me

Links