Hair today, gone tomorrow
In a tribute to the end of summer, JJ shaved off his goatee this morning. Those of you who have seen him both with and without know that it's something of a shocking difference. However, unlike last time, I did not recoil in horror and refuse to allow him to come near me for the next half hour. No, this time I rather enjoy it. We're buying our new washer and dryer tonight, hopefully to be delivered Friday. Our new double hamper we got as a wedding gift is groaning under the masses of dirty clothes. It'll just have to make do till Friday at least, probably Saturday. Can't wait to move this weekend. Up until this point I feel like I moved into "JJ's apartment" since he had been living there for 2 years before we started dating. Now we'll have "our apartment" and while I pride myself on not being overly girly, there is some excitement involved in knowing that the place will be decorated to our taste. I was thinking last night that I have never lived alone. Ever. Obviously growing up I lived with my family in Wichita. I was lucky and had my own bedroom and all, but just the same I was living in a house with 4 people. Then in college I had a freshman roommate, my sophomore year I shared a suite with 5 other girls, my junior year I shared an apartment and my senior year I shared a suite again, though this time with 3 other girls. Following my senior year I shared an apartment and then when I moved down here I acquired 2 roommates and then I met JJ, we got married, and are (obviously) living in the same apartment. Never lived alone in my life. And at this point should probably give up the thought that I ever will. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I would trade being married to JJ for living alone. Definitely not. But there is part of me that wonders what it would be like to come home to my empty apartment, watch my TV, lay in my bed and talk on my phone. What it would be like to have people over whenever I wanted, without having to check. But would I trade that for a man who lights up when he gets home and sees me every night? Would I trade it for someone who loves my cooking? Would I trade it for the love of my life who will wake me in the morning with a kiss or comes to bed at night just to hold me? Not on your life. Give us a month, then you can come over and see our place.