« Home | Knock knock? Anyone home? » | Best case scenario » | "At least we're within field goal range" » | The round of life » | The other side of something » | Take me out to the ballgame? » | Wish I was there ... » | It's (finally) a girl! » | It's on the roof! » | Go read someone else's opinion »

It's Friday again. Next week I have Fall Break which is a nice break, albeit short, to look forward to. This week has been longer than most. Or maybe it just felt like longer than most. Monday night was Monday Night Football. Steelers-Chargers, 24-22. Tuesday night Halfway There and Break Through Prayer met together out at the Aqueduct conference center. I loved it. There are things in life that reach your core and the prayer meeting that we went to was great. I read somewhere once that prayer is refreshment, that praying should be like a drenching rain on a dry and parched desert. Tuesday night it was true. Wednesday night we stopped by the hospital where our little buddy Dylan was having a procedure done. JJ had a training meeting at the church so I stayed with Michele, Dylan and Jen Halsey. Jen was great with Dylan - that woman is awesome with kids and she loves them so much. We played for awhile and then JJ came back to pick me up. Last night we had dinner at Moe's and then headed back to the hospital to take Dylan our GameCube so he could play Star Wars if he wanted, stayed a little while so Michele could get a cup of hot chocolate and then came home to lay in bed and fall asleep. This weekend we have a team training tomorrow morning, and a town hall meeting for the new land on Sunday. We play the Jaguars on Sunday. I'm tired just thinking about it!

You get fall break? Elizabeth and I sure don't. We don't even get fall 10 minutes. I don't even get the day before Thanksgiving unless my professors decide to cancel class!

Yes but when you graduate, you get paid ... and Elizabeth gets to work from home everyday.

I hate to nitpick, but theoretically, you will get paid upon graduation as well. And right now, my pay is purely theoretical as well.

And Elizabeth goes to class quite a bit for a graduate student. In fact, the other night she went to the library at like 10:30 pm.

TL is on fall break as well. At least I can claim I get my money's worth out of my education. 15 full weeks of class!

Or you could say that we got the better value - less money, and only 2 days difference! Don't be such a whiner. :-p

I hate to focus on the most interesting part of the blog, but DID Dylan play Star Wars?

Yes he did ... although depending on how he was feeling and whether or not a nurse or doctor was peering in the window his skill level had a high variability rate. He's only 4 so if he can steer and fire and hit a target, that's usually all we aim for. And he has the attention span of a, well, of a 4 year old, so it never lasts longer than a 5 minute go at a mission anyway.

Post a Comment

Links