« Home | Best case scenario » | "At least we're within field goal range" » | The round of life » | The other side of something » | Take me out to the ballgame? » | Wish I was there ... » | It's (finally) a girl! » | It's on the roof! » | Go read someone else's opinion » | The green eyed monster »

Knock knock? Anyone home?

My friend Steve once posed the question to me "Do you ever worry that when you get to heaven God will look at you and instead of saying 'Well done good and faithful servant' He'll look at you and go 'Eeehhh'?" That particular thought has been on my mind for awhile ... especially the last few days. I guess I've been trying to figure out the difference between serving God by doing what I'm already doing, and serving God by doing what God wants me to be doing. Confused? So am I. But let me try and explain. Let's take one at a time here. I can glorify God in all that I do. My life can be an example of God grace and love, spirit and generosity, kindness and so on. The way I carry out the life I've been given can easily be an example of the living God that we are all to strive for. But on the flip side, I've been wondering whether I can glorify and serve God BETTER by doing something else. What that something else is, I'm not 100% sure. In other words, there's taking the situation you've got, and glorifying God with it, but then there's leaving the situation you've got and going towards the situation God has planned next for you, and glorifying God that way. So the next question is: How do we know when or how or what the next greatest way to serve God is? When you have the answer to that one, I'm all ears. *This post has been brought to you by the short and confusing station of blogger.com. We now return you to your regular blogging schedule.*

Sounds like the verge of a quarter life crisis to me. Better talk to Dan....

If that next thing takes you out of the tech ministry, its must be of the devil. Dont go, Angela. Dont go. ;)

I don't know if I'm the "friend Steve" because I don't remember asking the question, but I found it interesting that I posted a sort of similar pondering. Note: I wrote it and posted it prior to reading yours. Personally, I like to think God's working on the hearts of newhop'ers in prep for our new "yes-we-own-it" home.

Post a Comment

Links